Who are we looking for?
The selected artist will have a chance to work in Audiovisual Technology Center (Centrum Technologii Audiowzualnych (CeTA) in Wroclaw. CeTA is active in the field of promoting and development of modern multimedia technologies, as well as education (workshops, courses, seminars and lectures) and spreading culture (festivals, meetings, showcases). Film studios and professional technical support allow production and co-production of movies.
The call is open for individual artists but also students of an artistic academy (for example: film school, academy of fine arts or other visual art studies), interested in new technologies in film and computer graphics, with knowledge of graphic programmes (for example: After Effects, Maya, Adobe Photoshop) who have experience at work with professional film equipment and at work with film postproduction or 3D/2D animation.
During the residency, the artist could work on creating virtual film sceen connecting film (with live actors) and computer scenography and video camera moves that are programmed or recording on the green screen a short film piece with actors (or students of the actors school) and materials postproduction or creating individual 3D/2D animation.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Two month residency in Wroclaw, Lower Silesia (May – June 2016)
- Studio in CeTA*:
o bluescreen with custom motion control system and camera path designing software
o multifunctional studio with black or greenscreen horizon
o graphic workstation with After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Maya
o access to professional film camera, lights, HD projectors and screens
o help from qualified film studio crew.
* Final schedule of shooting days and rules of access and CeTA technical support is related to the needs of the artist’s project and ongoing possibilities of CeTA.
- Accommodation in the apartment (fully furnished with kitchen)
- Fee in the amount of €1400 gross
- Coverage of travel costs in the maximum amount of €400
- Production and PR support
WHAT WE DEMAND
- We are searching for visual artists from Slovakia who are interested in new technologies in film and computer graphics.
- Presentation at the end of the residency*.
* Possible within the framework of Night Media Lab 3.0 at the end of June.
NIGHT MEDIA LAB – audiovisual event organized by Audiovisual Technology Center. It presents live-acts of producers focused on electronic music genres, initiates collaborations between artists and promotes creative use of technology, as an original tool of artistic expression. The main idea of NIGHT MEDIA LAB is dedicated to active participants of post-digital era, who look for experiences exceeding typical definitions of music festival, interested into augmented reality and synesthetic impressions. It’s also a brilliant proposition to all the lovers of sophisticated ambient music, as well as rumbling techno, surrounded by hypnotizing visualizations.
- Compulsory attendance.
- Presentation/public event dedicated to the residency after the return to Košice.
The application must consist of four PDF files:
- PDF n°1: Curriculum Vitae – a short CV including name, address, phone, email, educational and exhibition background;
- PDF n°2: Letter of motivation and objectives – describe your motivation to come to Wroclaw including project proposal with time schedule and description of the process;
- PDF n°3: Portfolio – artist statement and presentation of artworks (max. 10 pages: texts, photos, links to artist´s website, video or audio sharing websites: YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, etc.).
- PDF n°4: ID or passport’s copy
All materials must be submitted in English language.
Deadline: 29.2. 2016
Date of results: 14.3. 2016
To apply please fill the APPLICATION FORM
CONTACT TO THE SENDING ORGANISATION
email@example.com / +421915078489
THE HOST ORGANISATION
A-i-R Wro Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org / +48506132110