Who are we looking for?
K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence is international Artist-in-Residence-program for the artists from all over the world and out of all artistic disciplines and expressions. K.A.I.R. is strongly focused on creation of international cooperations between the Slovak and foreign artists and art organizations. For 2016, we decided to take step forward and to create format of residencies which will promote collaborations between artists and scientists. We are looking for artists from any artistic discipline who connect their work with (or are interested to work with) science.
The scientific approach of the residency will be supported by the Department of Cybernetics and Artificial Intelligence at The Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics of the Technical University in Košice. The focus of the research group is computational intelligence, humanoids and social robotics, teleoperation, learning by example, bio-inspired approaches, human-robot interaction, object recognition, internet of things, cloud computing and artificial emotions, working with Hanson Zeno robots, Aldebaran NAO robotos, theCorpora Qbo robots, Kinect and smart spaces.
The main partner of the residency is DIG Gallery which is part of the project “European Digital Art and Science Network” with Ars Electronica, Linz. DIG was formed in 2009 in Košice, Slovakia as a collaboration platform between contemporary arts and science. It is concerned also with building and developing the specific media art collaborative projects. DIG gallery venue is their main project which is a non-profit sustainable research space for presentation, co-education, and medialisation of contemporary digital art and technologies. Since 2014 is DIG the member of Ars Electronica project devoted to Art & Science European network.
The project is created with the Faculty of Arts of the Technical University in Košice. Faculty of Arts was established in 1998 within the Technical university of Košice, Slovakia and is the leading institution for artistic education in the Eastern Slovakia. Faculty of Arts consists of various departments – Architecture, Design, Visual Arts and Intermedia and Theory and History of Arts and currently runs the project which support the idea of interdisciplinarity between the arts and science, including the new technologies.
What we provide
- Three month residency in Kosice, Eastern Slovakia (March – May 2016)
- Free accommodation and studio
- Honorarium 2100€
- Travel costs maximum 400€
- Production and PR support
What we demand
- We are searching for artists from Germany, who are interested in connections between arts and science and who would like to collaborate with scientists and students from Technical University in Košice. Only individuals are eligible to apply for the residency.
- One presentation during the residency (Open Studios Night) and final presentation/exhibition at the end of the residency.
- Compulsory attendance
- The completed application no larger than 2 MB must consist of three PDF files, all written in English:
PDF no.1: Project proposal: We would like to know your motivation and the basic ideas for your project. The important point in the proposal is your approach to the collaboration with the scientists and/or students of Technical University.
PDF no.2: Portfolio: The works you consider as most relevant to the topic. (maximum 10 pages)
PDF no.3: Curriculum Vitae
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THE ON LINE FORM
Application deadline: January 18th, 2016 / 18:00
Date of results: January 25th, 2016
Contact to host organization
- K.A.I.R. Management: Zuzana Kotiková – firstname.lastname@example.org / 00421915078489
- Online : kair.sk (official website), https://www.facebook.com/KosiceArtistInResidence(facebook),https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TlrHZFsAK24PDIgj6mReg (youtube channel)